AngularJS is also called just “Angular”.
- AngularJS was originally started as a project in Google but now, it is open source framework.
- It is based on MV-* pattern and allow you to build well structured, easily testable, and maintainable front-end applications
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <script src="~/Scripts/angular.js"></script> </head> <body ng-app> Enter Your Name: <input type="text" ng-model="name" /> <br /> Hello <label ng-bind="name"></label> </body> </html>
The above example is plain HTML code with couple of AngularJS directives (attributes) such as ng-app, ng-model, and ng-bind.
Advantages of AngularJS
- Supports separation of concerns by using MVC design pattern.
- Built-in attributes (directives) makes HTML dynamic.
- Easy to extend and customize.
- Supports Single Page Application.
- Uses Dependency Injection.
- Easy to Unit test.
- REST friendly.